Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Have you seen a shiny copcar

Nothing goes like planned I guess. Car got nice clearcoat, but i blow it (in few spots).
Before spraying I cleaned the surface, but I missed a spot on roof. So after spraying clear, there was a ugly black stripe in middle of it.

There was nothing else to do, then wait it to dry and then start spraying white again.

But nothing goes like movies; clear doesnt like basecoat sprayed on it, it peels off. Now I have to sand-paint-sand-paint it many times until it doesnt peel anymore. Then I can clearcoat again white parts.

But it looks very nice now with black finished. It will be a shiny copcar!

Black is finished. White still needs to be sprayed clear.

Nasty peeling on white. Hate that.


****************************************************************************************
Update next day:


Whole car is painted and clearcoated. Now I cant start putting parts back together!

First sticker and trunk trim on.

No comments:

Post a Comment